1. Accept the assignment
The task book for forming plastic parts is usually proposed by the part designer, and its contents are as follows:
(1) Drawings of formal parts that have been approved and marked with the grade and transparency of plastics.
(2) Specification or technical requirements of plastic parts.
(3) Production output.
(4) Samples of plastic parts.
Usually the plastic mold design task book is proposed by the plastic parts engineer according to the forming plastic part task book. The plastic mold design engineer designs the plastic mold based on the forming plastic part task book and the plastic mold design task book.
2. Collect, analyze and digest the original data. Collect and sort out the relevant parts design, molding process, molding equipment, mechanical processing and special processing data for use in the design of plastic molds.
3. Determine the molding method to determine whether to use injection, extrusion, or pressing.
4. Select the molding equipment to design the plastic mold according to the type of molding equipment. You must be familiar with the performance, specifications and characteristics of various molding equipment.
For example, the injection mold should be installed on the injection machine and used. The specifications and performance of the injection machines owned by various plastic mold users are not exactly the same. Therefore, we must master the following aspects:
(1) Dimensions and specifications related to the installation of plastic molds, including the size of the plastic mold installation table, the arrangement and specifications of the mounting screw holes, the minimum closing height of the plastic mold, the mold opening distance, the distance between the tie bars, and the ejection device Form, clamping method of plastic mold and nozzle specifications, etc .;
(2) Specifications related to molding capacity, specifically, clamping force, injection pressure, injection capacity, plasticizing capacity and injection rate, etc .;
(3) Auxiliary devices, including a pick-up device, temperature adjustment device, hydraulic pressure or air pressure, etc. It is also necessary to estimate the external dimensions of the plastic mold and determine whether the plastic mold can be installed and used on the selected injection machine.
5. Requirements on production capacity and efficiency Usually users put forward requirements on the service life of the mold, such as the total number of injections. Design engineers can use long-life molds or small batch simple mold structures according to user requirements.
Taking injection as an example, some users also put forward requirements on the time of each injection molding cycle. At this time, the design engineer must analyze the mold structure in detail according to the requirements of the injection molding cycle time.