How to prevent damage during plastic mold machining? To prevent damage, we have to improve our own strength. If there is no strength, why should customers choose us? Why don’t customers choose better ones? When customers stay, we have to improve our awareness of prevention, but this is not enough, we must do it to give customers a kind of trust.
- Measures to prevent damage during plastic mold machining:
1. Good casting structure design
The wall thickness of the castings is as uniform as possible to avoid hot spots and reduce the thermal fatigue caused by the local heat concentration of the mold. The corners of the castings should have proper casting fillets to avoid stress caused by sharp corners on the mold.
2. Reasonable plastic mold structure design
(1) Each component in the mold should have sufficient rigidity and strength to withstand pressure without deformation. The wall thickness of the mold must be sufficient to reduce deformation.
(2) The gating system is designed to minimize the impact and erosion on the core.
(3) Correctly select the tolerance and surface roughness of each component.
(4) Maintain the thermal balance of the mold.
3. Standard heat treatment process
The metallographic structure of the material can be changed by heat treatment to maintain the necessary strength, hardness, dimensional stability at high temperature, thermal fatigue resistance and material cutting performance. The correct heat treatment process can get very good results, and the performance of steel is controlled by quenching temperature and time, cooling rate and tempering temperature.
4. Die casting production process control
(1) Temperature control: the preheating temperature and working temperature of the mold; alloy casting temperature, under the premise of maintaining good molding, use a lower casting temperature.
(2) Reasonable die casting process: specific pressure, filling speed.
(3) Adjust the clamping force of the machine to make the mold evenly stressed. Pay attention to cleaning the residual debris on the surface of the mold, so as not to cause the uneven force on the surface of the plastic mold and cause deformation when the mold is closed.
(4) Strictly control alloy smelting to reduce gas in molten metal.