- 1. Cavity layout. According to the geometric structure characteristics of plastic parts, dimensional accuracy requirements, batch size, mold manufacturing difficulty, mold cost, etc., determine the number of cavities and their arrangement.
- 2. Determine the parting surface. The position of the parting surface should be conducive to mold processing, exhaust, demolding and forming operations, and the surface quality of plastic parts.
- 3. Determine the pouring system (the shape, position and size of the main runner, sub-runner and gate) and the exhaust system (exhaust method, exhaust slot position and size).
- 4. Select the ejection method (ejection rod, ejector tube, push plate, combined ejection), determine the undercut treatment method, core pulling method.
- 5. Decide the cooling and heating method and the shape and position of the heating and cooling groove, and the installation location of the heating element.
- 6. According to the mold material, strength calculation or empirical data, determine the thickness and external dimensions of the mold parts, the external structure and the location of all connections, positioning and guides.
All posts byPlastic Mold
You Might Also Like
Balance the “material and shrinkage” of injection molding
The shrinkage rate of the molding material in the injection mold factory has a great influence on the dimensional accuracy...
Poor injection molding problems and solutions
Two months ago, Mr EMAODL in India was troubled by the problem of poor injection molding. Mr EMAODL contacted PTJ...
What are the twists and turns of the plastic mold quotation?
"Seriously, after working with you, I learned that you are so dedicated to making plastic molds." This is Ms. Huang,...
The original intention of the plastic mold processing plant
In Dongguan, there is such a plastic mold processing factory that has been making molds and injection molding shells for...
How to identify the strength of a plastic mold factory
How to identify whether a plastic mold factory's qualifications meet its own psychological standards, PTJ believes: Interlace is like a...