In recent years, the rotomolding industry in China has been continuously developing, but there are still problems. Due to the continuous popularity of plastic storage tanks, the problems of the plastic storage tank rotomolding industry should be highlighted, and then the rotomolding should be clarified for the relevant issues. The future development trend of industry. Below we give a detailed explanation on specific issues and development directions.
What is rotomolding?
Rotomolding is also known as rotational molding, rotational molding, rotational molding, rotary molding, etc., English is Rotational Moulding. There are many plastic processing methods, in addition to our common injection molding, blow molding, extrusion molding and other processes, rotational molding (rotational molding) is also an important processing method for plastic products or steel-plastic composite products, especially in hollow molding In terms of aspect, rotomolding has more outstanding advantages.
1. Problems in domestic rotomolded plastic storage tank industry
- (1) There are few equipments in rotomolding production enterprises, the production scale is small, and the degree of intensification of upstream and downstream products is low.
- (2) Insufficient research and development capabilities, lacking its own core technology, including process technology, equipment and mold manufacturing technology, engineering design capabilities and product application development technology.
- (3) The category is not precise enough, the added value is low, and the market competitiveness is poor.
- (4) Lack of reliable, high-quality domestic raw materials, most still rely on imports.
The rotomolding process is to add plastic raw materials to the mold in the form of powder, and then continuously rotate the mold (three-dimensional movement) and heat the mold. At this time, the plastic raw materials in the mold are gradually melted and coated uniformly under the action of gravity and heat energy. On the entire surface of the mold cavity, the cooled plastic product or steel-plastic composite product is then a rotomoulded product.
2. Development trend and direction of domestic rotomolded plastic storage tank industry
- (1) The continuous expansion of rotomolding production enterprises.
- (2) Through the adjustment of the product structure of rotomolding products, the variety of rotomolding products is increasing day by day, and the technological content of rotomolding products is continuously provided. The rotomolding products will develop in the direction of high performance and high added value
- (3) Increase research on related processes, equipment and molds, and form your own core technology.
- (4) Strengthen the development of domestic rotomolding special materials, and establish a raw material R & D center to completely change the current situation where plastic raw materials mainly rely on imports.
At present, the rotomolding industry in foreign countries is developing rapidly, but due to various factors at home, the development speed of the rotomolding industry is lower than that of other plastic molding and processing industries. Recently, with people’s increasing understanding of the advantages of rotomolding, the rotomolding industry has shown a trend of accelerated development in China.
3. Rotomolding plastic storage tank process
- (1) The rotomolded plastic storage tank is formed by rotomolding process.
- (2) The material of the PE plastic storage tank produced by the company is a special material for rotomolding-linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) or linear medium density polyethylene (LMDPE). PE plastic storage tanks can hold most inorganic acids, alkalis, salts and many organic substances at room temperature.
- (3) The minimum softening point of plastics used in rotomolded plastic storage tanks is 108 ℃, and the maximum fragmentation point is -70 ℃, so it can generally be used to hold liquids with temperatures from -40 ℃ to 60 ℃. If the specific gravity of the liquid is heavier or the temperature is higher than 60 ℃, steel-lined plastic anticorrosive storage tanks should be used to prevent the storage tanks from softening and deforming. If the PE plastic storage tank is used for chemical reaction or dilution, the corresponding test should be done in advance to determine the maximum temperature of the reaction or dilution.
In recent years, with the fierce development of various environmental protection projects, the demand for various types of storage tanks has increased greatly, and the rotomolded plastic storage tank market has been unevenly criticized by the industry. “The rotomolded plastic PE tanks we produce have an irreplaceable advantage in the same type of products!”. As companies of all sizes rise up one after another and competition is becoming fiercer and cruel, where does his confidence come from?
Due to the limitations of people ’s cognition and market regulation, people ’s ability to evaluate the price of rotomolded plastic storage tanks is still very weak, resulting in many customers buying at high prices or because the price is prohibitive, so be sure to do well before buying Ready to work. Although it is a new thing, rotomolded plastic storage tanks will occupy the future market with its superior performance and reasonable price, and become the new darling of the plastic storage tank industry.