Before processing plastic molds to design plastic molds, it is necessary to understand the required plastic parts and production conditions. The following work needs to be done for this.
(1) Accept the mission statement
The task book for forming plastic parts is usually proposed by the part designer, and its contents are as follows.
- ① The drawings of the formal parts that have been signed and marked with the grade and transparency of plastic.
- ② Specification or technical requirements of plastic parts.
- ③ Production output.
- ④Sample of plastic parts.
Usually the mold design task book is proposed by the plastic parts engineer according to the forming plastic part task book. The mold design engineer designs the mold based on the forming plastic part task book and the mold design task book.
(2) Collect, analyze and digest the original data. Collect and sort out the relevant parts design, molding process, molding equipment, mechanical processing and special processing data for use in the design of the mold.
(3) Determine the molding method to determine whether to use injection, extrusion, or pressing.
(4) Select the molding equipment to design the mold according to the type of molding equipment. You must be familiar with the performance, specifications and characteristics of various molding equipment.
For example, the injection mold should be installed on the injection machine and used. The specifications and performance of the injection machine owned by each mold user are not exactly the same. Therefore, it is necessary to grasp the following aspects: the dimensions and specifications related to the mold installation, including the size of the mold installation table, the arrangement and specifications of the mounting screw holes, the minimum closing height of the mold, the mold opening distance, the distance between the tie bars, The form of the launching device, the clamping method of the mold and the specifications of the nozzle, etc .; the specifications related to the molding capacity, specifically the clamping force, injection pressure, injection capacity, plasticizing capacity and injection rate; the auxiliary device, which has a pickup device , Temperature adjustment device, hydraulic pressure or air pressure, etc., it is necessary to estimate the shape of the mold and determine whether the mold can be installed and used on the selected injection machine.
(5) Requirements for production capacity and efficiency Generally, users put forward requirements for the service life of the mold, such as the total number of injections. Design engineers can use long-life molds or small batch simple mold structures according to user requirements. Taking injection as an example, some users also put forward requirements on the time of each injection molding cycle. At this time, the design engineer must analyze the mold structure in detail according to the requirements of the injection molding cycle time.