Don’t just focus on product design and ignore plastic mold manufacturing
Some customers only pay attention to product development and development design during the development and design of products or new product development, and ignore communication with plastic mold manufacturing companies. After the step-by-step confirmation of the design product plan, there are three benefits of early contact with the mold manufacturer:
- 1. It can also ensure that the designed products have good molding processing technology, and it is not easy to change the stereotyped design because the parts cannot be processed.
- 2. The design of the mold can be prepared early and prepared in advance to avoid being thoughtful in a hurry and adversely affecting the construction period.
- 3. To produce high-quality plastic molds, only supply and demand parties can cooperate with each other, which can ultimately control costs and reduce cycle time.
2.Don’t just look at the price, but from the aspects of quality, cycle time and service items
- 1. There are many types of molds, which can be roughly divided into ten categories. According to different raw materials, physical and chemical properties, mechanical strength, dimensional precision, surface finish, service life, economy and other different standards, select different types of molds for molding.
- 2. Molds with high precision standards need to be processed with high-precision CNC machine tools, and the mold materials and molding process are strictly managed. CAD / CAE / CAM mold technology must also be used for design and analysis.
- 3. In view of the requirements for forming some parts, the mold also needs to use hot runners, gas-assisted molding, nitrogen cylinders and other excellent processing techniques.
- 4. The manufacturer should have CNC, EDM, WEDM and CNC copy milling equipment, high-precision grinding machine, high-precision three-coordinate measuring instrument, electronic computer design and related software.
- 5. Usually large stamping dies (such as automobile cover parts dies) should consider whether the machine tool has a blank holder mechanism, so that the edge lubricant, multi-station progressive, etc. In addition to the punching tonnage, the punching times, feeding devices, machine tools and mold protectors must also be considered.
- 6. The manufacturing methods and processing techniques of the mold are not owned and mastered by every enterprise. When selecting a cooperative manufacturer, it is necessary to master its production capacity, not only looking at hardware equipment, but also combining management level, processing experience and technical strength.
- 7. For the same set of molds, the quotes of different manufacturers sometimes differ greatly. You should not pay more than the value of the mold, but it should not be less than the cost of the mold. Mould manufacturers, like you, must make reasonable profits in their business. Ordering a set of molds with much lower quotations can be a troublesome start. Customers must start from their own standards and make a comprehensive measurement.
Avoid multi-head cooperation, try one-stop plastic mold manufacturing and product processing
- 1. With qualified molds (qualified test pieces), batches of qualified products may not necessarily be produced. This is mainly related to the selection of parts processing machine tool, forming process (forming temperature, forming time, etc.) and the technical quality of the operator.
- 2. With good molds, there must also be good molding and processing, preferably a one-stop cooperation, try to avoid long cooperation. If the conditions are not met, it is necessary to select a party who is fully responsible and must write clearly when signing the contract.