What structural factors and parameters are needed when designing plastic molds
- 1. Parting surface, that is, the contact surface between the concave mold and the convex mold when the mold is closed. The choice of its location and form is affected by factors such as product shape and appearance, wall thickness, molding method, post-processing technology, mold type and structure, demolding method and molding machine structure.
- 2. Structural parts, that is, sliders, inclined tops, straight top blocks of complex molds, etc. The design of structural parts is very critical, which is related to the life of the mold, the processing cycle, cost, product quality, etc., so the design of the core structure of complex molds requires the designer’s comprehensive ability to be higher. Design.
- 3. The accuracy of the mold, that is, card avoidance, precise positioning, guide posts, positioning pins, etc. The positioning system is related to the appearance quality of the product, the quality and life of the mold. According to the different mold structures, different positioning methods are selected.The positioning accuracy control mainly depends on the processing. the way.
- 4. Pouring system, that is, the feed channel from the nozzle of the injection molding machine to the cavity, including the main channel, the branch channel, the gate and the cold cavity. In particular, the location of the gate should be selected so that the molten plastic fills the cavity in a good flow state.The solid runner and the cold material attached to the product are easily ejected from the mold and cleared when the mold is opened (heat flow) (Except Daomo).
- 5. Plastic shrinkage and various factors that affect the dimensional accuracy of products, such as mold manufacturing and assembly errors, mold wear, etc. In addition, when designing compression molds and injection molds, the matching of the process and structural parameters of the molding machine should also be considered.