Plastic mold is an abbreviation for a combined mold for compression molding, extrusion molding, injection, blow molding and low foam molding. The coordinated change of the mold convex and concave molds and the auxiliary molding system can process a series of plastic parts of different shapes and different sizes. In order to meet the needs of molded parts, we need to pay attention to some issues when selecting plastic molds, and put forward corresponding needs. The following selection of more suitable plastic molds needs to satisfy the six requirements.
White base mould
- 1. High corrosion resistance Many resins and additives have a corrosive effect on the appearance of the cavity. This corrosion causes the metal on the surface of the cavity to dissolve and fall off. Therefore, it is best to use corrosion-resistant steel, or chrome-plated and cymbal nickel on the surface of the cavity.
- 2. Good abrasion resistance The gloss and accuracy of the appearance of plastic parts are directly related to the abrasion resistance of the appearance of the plastic mold cavity, especially when some plastics are added with glass fiber, inorganic fillers and certain pigments. With the plastic melt flowing fast in the flow channel and the mold cavity, there is a great conflict on the appearance of the cavity. If the data is not wear-resistant, it will quickly wear out and damage the quality of the plastic parts.
- 3. Outstanding dimensional stability During plastic molding, the temperature of the plastic mold cavity should reach above 300 ℃. For this reason, it is best to use tool steel (heat-treated steel) that has been properly tempered. Otherwise, it will cause changes in the microstructure of the data, and then cause changes in the dimensions of the plastic mold.
- 4. Mould parts that are easy to process are mostly made of metal materials, and some structural shapes are still very messy. In order to shorten the production cycle and increase power, the mold materials are required to be easily processed into the shape and accuracy required by the drawings.
- 5. Good polishing performance Plastic and plastic parts usually require excellent gloss and appearance, so the roughness of the cavity surface is very small. In this way, it is necessary to perform surface processing on the cavity surface, such as polishing and grinding. Therefore, the selected steel should not contain rough impurities and pores.