In order to ensure that the surface of the plastic plated parts is free of defects, no obvious directional structure and internal stress, the following requirements should be met when designing and manufacturing the mold:
- 1. Do not use beryllium-bronze alloy for the mold material. It should be made of high-quality vacuum cast steel. The surface of the cavity should be polished to the mirror surface in the direction of mold release, and the unevenness is less than 0.2m.
- 2. The surface of the plastic part faithfully reflects the surface of the mold cavity, so the cavity of the electroplated plastic part should be very smooth, and the surface roughness of the mold cavity should be 1 to 2 higher than the surface roughness of the manufactured part.
- 3. The parting surface, welding line and core inlaid wire cannot be designed on the plating surface.
- 4. The gate should be designed at the thickest part of the part. In order to prevent the melt from cooling too fast when filling the cavity, the gate should be as large as possible (about 10% larger than the ordinary injection mold). It is best to use gates and runners with circular cross-sections. The runner length should be shorter.
- 5. Exhaust holes should be left to avoid defects such as gas filaments and bubbles on the surface of the parts. When selecting the ejection mechanism, ensure that the parts are demolded smoothly.