Factors affecting the plastic mold structure and mold individual system
- 1. Cavity layout. According to the geometric structure characteristics of plastic parts, dimensional accuracy requirements, batch size, mold manufacturing difficulty, mold cost, etc., determine the number of cavities and their arrangement.
- 2. Determine the parting surface. The position of the parting surface should be conducive to mold processing, exhaust, demolding and forming operations, and the surface quality of plastic parts.
- 3. Determine the pouring system (the shape, position and size of the main runner, sub-runner and gate) and the exhaust system (exhaust method, exhaust slot position and size).
- 4. Select the ejection method (ejection rod, ejector tube, push plate, combined ejection), determine the undercut treatment method, core pulling method.
- 5. Decide the cooling and heating method and the shape and position of the heating and cooling groove, and the installation location of the heating element.
- 6. According to the mold material, strength calculation or empirical data, determine the thickness and external dimensions of the mold parts, the external structure and the location of all connections, positioning and guides.
- 7. Determine the structure of the main molded parts and structural parts.
- 8. Consider the strength of each part of the mold, calculate the working size of the molded parts.